Welcome

Welcome to my blog ...thanks for visiting!

Monday, January 5, 2015

Squeaking in 1 last project - Updated photos!

Hallo friends! It's LATE as usual. But I've managed to get 1 more thing finished before the Q4 FAL deadline - whew! I'm really excited not to have to "roll" this one over to next year.
In my previous (non-European) life, I had a sweet neighbor who was a tremendous help in my attempts to learn knitting. She was always available to pull out all my wrong stitches when I'd go visit her with a problem. She was quick-witted enough to not become so distracted by my small talk that she'd redo any section and tough enough not to bend to my begging for her to just "finish my stupid scarf." It is because of Mrs. B that I am 4 inches of my own knitting into a scarf that was started in 2012 and may never be finished. Gotta respect her.
I wanted to make her a bag for her own stitchy projects, and it's been on my to-do list for quite awhile. Mrs. B adores her kitties, so I decided to use the Catvent pattern from Oh, Frannson!



 My cool kid thinks she belongs in every picture taken around here.


I started with a large catvent quilted front pocket with binding, and built the bag from there. The back features a paper-pieced letter "b" and straightline quilting. The fabric is a random assortment of modern charms, Kona ash, and the handles and lining are from a line called Silent Cinema. It has closure ties and finishes about 17" tall by 15" wide. I used light batting and a very light layer of interfacing so it would have a little structure, but I think next time I'll go a little heavier with it.

 I hope Mrs. B and her kitties like it! I should totally send her my lil' scrap of a scarf and see if she can be guilted into finishing it now ;)

Fmt




6 comments:

  1. Call that last minute? Pfft, you had a whole day left at that point ;o) Anyway, I'm sure Mrs B will appreciate the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sure she will love it! I would. I made coasters out of the catvent blocks I made but your bag really rocks! Yay for another finish 👏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of this pattern. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cats and the bag is so cute! What a super finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This bag is fabulous! I have been thinking about those catvent blocks and what to make with them. This seems like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Sure beats talkin' to myself! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...