Welcome

Welcome to my blog ...thanks for visiting!

Saturday, January 17, 2015

A Preppy Finish

A few days ago, I finished this tiny quilt for my friend. She is expecting her first baby this month and we're super excited. I knew there was a large quilt in the works for her, so I decided to go for a stroller-sized one.
It is 30" square and what's better than Kona Ash for an ocean color? I also used a little Simply Color for the whale. It's quilted in 'wavish' lines with a little hand quilting for his spouting.
The pattern is called Preppy the Whale and is from Oh, Frannson! There are a surprisingly lot of pieces to cut out, but it goes together quickly (if you're paying attention and not also drinking wine & watching Project Runway.)
I added a little loop on the back for hanging. Hopefully that will come in handy!
I think she likes it and I can't wait to see baby Logan snuggled in his stroller with Preppy!


fmt


6 comments:

  1. That just adorable. I've got two quilts to make for a friend who just had twins and I think I might go for something of a similar size as I'm sure she'll get plenty of use out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a beautiful Kinderwagendecke! That whale is just too cute. And did I see some hand sewing for the water?? Incredible! Great job, Francine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving Preppy, and the quilting is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet quilt and I love the idea for a stroller size one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! Sure beats talkin' to myself! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...